So it’s not going to come as a shock that with the country in lockdown, we won’t be meeting up for the next few months, face to face for our book clubs.
That doesn’t mean that we can’t read and discuss the books that we’ve picked – just that we will have to find other avenues to do so. At the moment, I’m looking into Zoom, skype, twitter and so on to find a format that we can use going forward. It helps that LBC has run a few twitter based book clubs in the past – so this is more the dusting off of an old format, rather than starting from scratch 🙂 Once I have something feasible, I will present options to y’all for feedback.
In the meantime, here are the books that we are due to read in the next few months:
- 8th April – Normal People – Sally Rooney
- 27th May – Boxy an Star – Darren King – NOTE – I’ve been finding this one tricky to hunt down. I’ll check this evening to see if it’s in print and report back.
- 24th June – Witchmark – C.L. Polk
LBC White Swan
- 19th April – The Miniaturist – Jessie Burton
- 17th May – The Invisible Life of Euridice Gusmao – Martha Batalha
LBC 3 Reads
Theme – Three Crime Greats
- 18th April – The Wheel Spins – Ethel Lina White
- 18th July – And Then There Were None – Agatha Christie
- 17th Oct – Strong Poison – Dorothy L Sayers