During the global pandemic, our book clubs won’t be meeting in person.
Instead, we will be holding our discussions via Zoom.
If you’d like to join in, please let me know 🙂
Upcoming Book Clubs
30th Sept – Leonard & Hungry Paul – Ronan Hession – HORSFORTH
11th Oct – False Hearts – Laura Lam – WHITE SWAN
17th Oct – Strong Poison – Dorothy L Sayers – 3 READS
28th Oct – Dead Famous – Greg Jenner – HORSFORTH
8th Nov – This is how You Lose the Time War – A el-Mohtar & M Gladstone – WHITE SWAN
25th Nov – TBA – HORSFORH
13th Dec – TBA – WHITE SWAN
Details of our book clubs – for less socially distant times – can be found below.
The Book Clubs
The quarterly one.
Saturdays – 12:30pm
Our home is @Cafe164
We read to a theme each year – this year is Three Crime Greats
Wednesdays – 7:30pm
Hosted by the lovely @OldKingsArmsPub
Very rarely any rhyme or reason to our choices.
Our Recent Posts
- Beautiful literary based art videoFrom my mum.
- Audiobooking my way through lockdown (aka how I refound my reading mojo)Over the past several months, I’ve hit a serious reading block. Not a slump or a spell; an honest to … Continue reading Audiobooking my way through lockdown (aka how I refound my reading mojo)
- POEM – I’m so Black – R.J. Wright & Xach BluntOriginally published in 2017 by Write About Now (WAN) on YouTube, but I’ve only discovered it today. Visit the WAN … Continue reading POEM – I’m so Black – R.J. Wright & Xach Blunt
- Signal for Help – Domestic Violence SupportI just spotted this PSA on instagram this morning.
- POEM – You don’t get to be racist and Irish – Imelda MayImelda May has written a poem about the times we are living in, recently released on the RTE website.
- Douglas Coupland article on the guardianhttp://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/may/29/i-miss-my-pre-internet-brain-slogans-coronavirus-douglas-coupland Douglas Coupland article on the guardian
- Happy Towel DayA bit of history from Wikipedia –
- POEM – The Hollow Men – T. S. EliotNo idea why this has popped into my head. Nope. Not a clue. [Pssst – this is the Eliot with … Continue reading POEM – The Hollow Men – T. S. Eliot
- Kirkstall Book BoxSpotted near where I live, another literary neighbour!
- LOCKDOWN – Andy Serkis live reading The Hobbit!Am hugely excited to see that Andy Serkis will be reading The Hobbit to fundraise for the NHS Charities Together … Continue reading LOCKDOWN – Andy Serkis live reading The Hobbit!