THE ADVENTURES OF THE CHRISTMAS PUDDING
There are six short stories featuring two of Agatha Christie’s most beloved detectives – Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple. The plan is that we shall read one a week in the build up to Christmas
Hercule Poirot is about to tuck into a very traditional English supper with his old friend Bonnington, when the habit and ritual of a lone diner sparks his interest more than the chestnut turkey.
The lone diner has eaten there on Thursdays and Tuesdays for the last ten years like clockwork, but, no one at the restaurant even knows his name.
However, ‘Old Father Time,’ as they have fondly nicknamed him, suddenly stops coming and Poirot believes that he might have picked up that one essential clue that could shed light on a man who no one really knows. Could what Old Father Time strangely ordered as his final meal prove to be the only thing that makes this suspicious?
- The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding – 15th November
- The Mystery of the Spanish Chest – 22nd November
- The Under Dog – 29th November
- Four and Twenty Blackbirds – 6th December
- The Dream – wc 13th December
- Greenshaw’s Folly – wc 20th December
If you decide to join us, please tweet your thoughts via #LBCReadalong