21st February – The Master and Margarita – Mikhail Bulgakov
PLEASE NOTE – the February date has been pushed back by a week to avoid clashing with Valentines Day.
11th February – The City and the City – China Mieville
18th March – How to Paint a Dead Man – Sarah Hall
PLEASE NOTE – the March date has been pushed back by a week to avoid clashing with Mothers Day.
We have our next few months choices in, taking us up to the end of the year…if you can believe it. I think I’m in denial. It’s really like…May?
Anyway, for your reading pleasure!
LBC 3 Reads (#LBC3Reads)
- 21st October – Matilda by Roald Dahl
- 20th January – TBA
LBC Horsforth (#LBCHorsforth)
- 11th October – Lincoln in the Bardo – George Saunders
- 8th November – Autumn – Ali Smith
- 10th January – TBA
LBC White Swan (#LBCWSwan)
- 12th November – The Fishermen – Chigozie Obioma
- 14th January – TBA
As I’ve been a bit out of things, I’m only just getting around to finding out what books are when. Please do let me know if I get the books in the wrong order, the dates muddled and so on!
Shall be aiming to catch up with emails and admin over the next fortnight – apologies if you’ve been waiting ages!!
- 8th – Horsforth – The Tale of the Duelling Neurosurgeons – Sam Kean
- 12th – White Swan – The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet – Becky Chambers
- 8th – Horsforth – God help the child – Toni Morrison
- 12th – White Swan – TBA
- 12th – Horsforth – TBA
- 9th – White Swan – TBA
- 22nd – LBC3 Reads – Whit by Iain Banks
The Calendar and Book Clubs at a Glance pages will both be taken down for a few days.
We’re working on making it easier to see what’s on and where!
In the mean time, our first book club of the New Year will be:
Where: White Swan
When: 11th of January at 6:30pm
Discussing: The Vet’s Daughter by Barbara Comyns