LBC’s pet author Chris Nickson has just released Dark Briggate Blues – the first in the Dan Markham series (at least I hope that it’s the first; I’m only on chapter 10 and I’m hooked!).
A jazz inspired noir, this book in set in the 1960’s and has a fantastic soundtrack.
Check it out on Spotify HERE
Leeds 1954. When Joanna Hart came into his office, enquiry agent Dan Markham thought it would be an easy case. All the blonde with scarlet lips and swinging hips wanted was to know if her husband Freddie was unfaithful. But when the man is killed, Markham’s involvement makes him the prime suspect. As the evidence piles up against him, he realises someone had set him up.
In a deadly game, Markham has to battle to keep himself and his client alive. All he can rely on are his wits and the rusty skills he acquired during his National Service in military intelligence. But can he hope to be any match against the killer who has spies on every corner in Leeds and a reach that goes all the way to Whitehall?
Dan’s music (or Track Listing)
* Miles Davis – Round Midnight
* Ella Fitzgerald – Blues In The Night
* Bud Powell – Un Poco Loco
* Count Basie – One O’Clock Jump
* Billy Eckstine – Stormy Monday
* Charlie Parker – Donna Lee
* Sarah Vaughan – Someone To Watch Over Me
* Thelonious Monk – Blue Monk
* Duke Ellington – Prelude To A Kiss
* Tubby Hayes – Round About Midnight
* Ella Fitzgerald – Do Nothing ‘Til You Hear From Me
* Coleman Hawkins – Body And Soul
* Dexter Gordon – A Night In Tunisia
* Lester Young – A Foggy Day In London Town
* George Shearing – How High The Moon
* Art Tatum – I Got Rhythm
* Billie Holiday – God Bless The Child
* Thelonious Monk – Round About Midnight